Holy week stories

We spent our holy week in Garchitorena, Camarines Sur. This is the place of my mom when she was still young. This place was so great for vacation.

April 4, 2007 (Wednesday)
We leaved Camalig, Albay at 3:30 am. We used the pick-up truck of my brother-in-law. We we're 5 (mom, dad, sister, me and Jun) in the car and 2 (my brother and sister-in-law) by motorbike. It took us 6 hours to reach our destination. It was so painful in the butt just sitting for 6 hours! LOL!
The road was disaster but the 4x4 car managed to go through lots and lots of big rocks! It was fun but very very tiring!

We arrived at 9:30 am. Our relatives was there already. I am so happy to see them again.

We ate breakfast and rest.

At 3:00 pm we headed to the beach just a couple of blocks away. I didn't swim beacause I was still tired and my eyes needs rest. Jun didn't swim as well. Here are some pics...

April 5, 2007 (Thursday)
We just stayed in the house played PSP2, gameboy ans starcrsft in the laptop. I was like a child playing with my cousins who are 10 years younger than me. LOL!
April 6, 2007 (Friday)
We wake up early because we are going to Caglago, Camarines Sur to visit the shrine of Mama Mary where there are 500+ stairs. This was our way of Penance. When we reached the place, the priest was about to start the Way of the Cross. Perfect timing for us. When we reached the top, it was so beautiful. It was like you are in Tagaytay City. It was my second time there I think. It was Jun's first and he was amazed by the view. Our knees was shaking when we went down.Iimagine going up and down with 500+ stairs? LOL!

April 7, 2007 (Saturday)
We headed to the beach again. This was not the same beach we went to last wednesday. It was so much fun and it was tiring as well. My uncle said the place that we are going was near so we just walk going there, but hell it was so far away. We walked 3 kilometers!!!! My feet aches when we reached the place. The place was beautiful. Perfect for relaxation.


April 8, 2007 (Sunday)

We watched my cousin at the church because she was an Easter Angel. Here in the Philippines it was called "Salubong". The angels will remove the veil on Mama Mary's head because Christ has risen. There we're 16 angels I think. We attended the mass after that.



After the mass we prepared our things already because we are ready to go home. Whew! another 6 hours of travel! We arrived here in Camalig at 4:30pm. Jun and I hurriedly prepared our "pasalubongs" to his sister and her family who will go back to Manila at 5:30pm. After that we went back home and rest.

Oh how I miss my computer so much! LOL! and Jun said he also miss his motorbike! LOL!

Newer Post Older Post

4 Responses to “Holy week stories”

Mich said...

wow, mukhang inikot nyo din ang bicol ah! glad you had fun! ;)

Diane said...

Oo nga Mich eh! Hihihihihi! next time basta meet tayo kapag andito ka sa Bicol ha? Ingat!

Jenn Valmonte said...

see, i told you, you don't have to leave the country to enjoy a great vacation! inggit naman ako, i wanna go to bicol, too!

Diane said...

Heheheh! Oo nga Jen! Cge pag pumunta ka ng Bicol tell me ha? I'll be glad to tour you around here...