Leah Fung Said

I forgot to post this when I got the POTW (Pick of the week) on the Scrappinmoms Idol Challenge. Leah's comments really touched me. Thank you Leah for a very wonderful comment on my LO.


"This was a tough contest to judge. ALL the pages were so beautiful! A couple of my favorites were Li'l Hands and Proud Mom. After looking at all the entries many times, I finally was able to pick a page that was my favorite of all the entries. In fact, it was the first page that caught my eye when I first opened up the webpage. My favorite page is My Report Card by Diane Miraballes. There are lots of pretty details that Diane included but none of which overwhelm the page. The black mesh strategically placed at an angle adds great texture to the page and draws the eye from the right edge of the page - where the journaling cards are placed - and leads you right to the papers tucked inside the envelope. I also love how Diane used flowers and metal embellishments on the envelope and journaling cards, and she centered those accents between 2 black flourishes in each case. So pretty. So well done. And finally, I want to mention the large zigzag stitch in brown thread, which is a good visual contrast to the light scallop-edged paper right below it. This is the kind of page that you'll at glance at and say "that's a pretty page" then when you actually take the time to look at it even closer, you'll realize that it's an amazing page, perfectly done. Great job, Diane!!"

Leah Fung

Newer Post Older Post