My Happy Trip!

(This post is quite long. Sorry!)

I’m Home!!!!! Finally!

I arrived too early. At 4:00 am I am already at our house. I can’t sleep properly on my trip so I rested well at home, I even wake up at 10:30 am!

I am so happy on my trip to Manila. Here’s what happened:

Friday, I left Bicol at 7:00 pm. The Philtranco bus was not full so I am alone at the two seat of the bus. I am happy with that because I can stretch well.

Saturday, I arrived in Manila at 5:00 am and waited for Darlene because I will be staying with her. She and her husband was kind enough to fetch me at the terminal and let me stay for a while in their house. I then took a bath and prepared for the Scrapfest. We arrived at the venue a little early so we waited outside together with the other scrapfest participants. I met Cookie there, a very good friend online and her sister-in-law Vanessa who is also a bicolana. And then I saw Issa together with the LBscrapaholics coming so I went to Issa and hug her. It was nice to see her finally. Then the gate opens at 9:30 am. We lined up at the door to get in and sign in for the registration. Then we headed to our designated tables (the IDOL contestants are separated from the other scrapbookers). I checked out the stores for some shopping at the same time talk to some friends. I am really happy the whole day! I love this scrapfest than the last one I attended at Makati Parks.

Before the IDOL challenge starts we we’re asked to go to our assigned seats and the Scrappinmoms gave the final instructions. We we’re given 3 Scenic Route papers, 12×12 Acrylic, Heidi Swapp flower, 4 eyelets, and a fabric paper by Elsie. And then we’re asked not to open the kit first and then the signal to open goes. We all said WOW! Because the kit was so beautiful! I totally love the papers! Bright and bold colors. I specially love the acrylic! We can still shop for some addition to the kit so I checked out the stores for some ribbons. I kinda like to put ribbons on my LO. The time came, we we’re asked to do our LO’s already in 3 hours. I didn’t felt the stress, I just scrapped the way I wanted it. I never tell myself to scrap beautifully just to win. I enjoyed the moment and whatever the decision I will gladly accept it. After 3 hours of scrapping and thinking of what to journal I finally submitted my LO. I saw all the entries and it was SUPERB! I love the designs that the IDOL finalists did. We waited for the result and then Pia started to call us one by one for the recognition. Then she called out names and we’re asked to stay in front. After several people were in front my name was called, I suddenly felt that those persons called we’re the one who will be eliminated. I felt ok. I never felt sad nor disappointed because I never expected to be the winner. I enjoyed doing my LO.

Then 3 we’re left on stage. That was Au, Cabbie and Tin. I was expecting Au to be the winner but Cabbie’s name was called and all of us shouted at the same time clapping. I am really happy for my friend Cabbie. She really deserve to be a winner. Her LO was great! Full of techniques, lots of creativity. She is really a WINNER to me. Congrats sis! I am so PROUD of you!

BTW, I won in the 6 month subscription to the Working Mom Magazine as my raffle prize and that alone was a winning to me. I love the magazine and the scrapbooking articles are easy to read and to follow.

After the event I stick with Cookie and Vanessa because Darlene has a dinner with his husband and their Aunt. I don’t want to stay with them because it is a family thing so I chose to go with Cookie. We went to their Mom’s best friend. They we’re invited to a birthday celebration. Cookie said that it was ok for me to go with them. I am shy with things like this but I still accepted the offer. We went home at 11:00 pm I think. I am very much full because the food there was yummy! heheheh! Cookie said I can sleep in Vanessa’s house which is only a door away with Cookies apartment. I am really really thankful to Cookie and Vanessa for letting me stay with them. They are super nice! Thank you so much!

Sunday, Vanessa asked me if I want to go with them in Divisoria and I said yes. I am with Vanessa and her sister Iris. Cookie can’t go with us because she will take good care of Harvey, her 2 year old son. We enjoyed being in divi. I bought ribbons at Michelles, something for our maid’s daughter and a cabinet holder and then we ate at KFC during lunch. After that we went home already. I then prepared my things because I will be leaving for Bicol. Cookie’s husband Henry was kind enough to drive me to the terminal (Cookie, please tell your husband my thank you for driving me to the terminal) which is very near to them. I arrived there with the bus already in front. So I hurriedly went to the bus and waited for the departure. I am again alone on my seat so it was a nice travel. Although the road was quite bumpy and I can’t sleep well.

My trip was a great one. I enjoyed the event and everything that happened to me was a blessing. Thank you so much to those people who made my trip a very good one. You know who you are. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I’ll see you again on MAY I think? Not sure again! :)

Newer Post Older Post